In The News: AFHDC, Monadnock & nARCHITECTS Win NYC’s Micro-Apartment Competition!
As you may have read here on Tuesday, The Actors Fund Housing Development Corporation (AFHDC), Monadnock Development and nARCHITECTS have been chosen by New York City to develop an innovative building of modular micro-units in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood. The project was announced Tuesday by Mayor Michael Bloomberg during a news conference at the Museum of the City of New York, and since then, we’re glad to say, it has piqued the interest of many news outlets — and commenters! We’re excited that the project is getting so much attention, so we thought we’d share a round-up of a few of the reports we’ve seen! Click through to read more…
• The Wall Street Journal: “NYC announces winner of micro-unit housing” (January 22, 2013)
• WIRED: “Tiny Apartment, Big Winner: The Design That Won NYC’s Micro Contest” (January 23, 2013)
• Crain’s New York Business: “NY’s first micro-unit apt. building will be modular”
WNYC: “Bloomberg Unveils Design for City’s First Micro-Apartment Building” (January 22, 2013)
• CBS New York: “Bloomberg Announces Winner of Micro-Apartment Design Competition” (January 22, 2013)
• Curbed NY: “New York City’s Future Micro-Apartment Revealed!” (January 22, 2013)
• Popular Science: “Check Out The Winning Design For The Tiny New York Apartments Of Tomorrow”
• Gothamist: First Look Inside NYC’s Tiny New “Micro-Unit” Apartments” (January 22, 2013) • Fox 5 NY: “Tiny Apartments”
Read Tuesday’s blog for more on the “My Micro NY” development here, and read the press release on The Actors Fund’s website.