Thanks To The Grey’s Anatomy Team!
We’re still riding high from Sunday’s Grey’s Anatomy: The Songs Beneath the Show, the spectacular benefit concert at UCLA’s Royce Hall, which raised $100K for The Actors Fund! We’d like to thank the cast members of Grey’s Anatomy who took part – Jessica Capshaw, Justin Chambers, Eric Dane, Sarah Drew, Kevin McKidd, Ingrid Michaelson, James Pickens Jr., Sara Ramirez, Kim Raver, Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson — as well as creator Shonda Rhimes and producer Tony Phelan, who put together an amazingly fabulous show. Sponsors for the concert included Remy Martin, Corner Bakery and BARCO, and more than $100K was raised. In her heartfelt tribute, Shonda encouraged the audience to support The Actors Fund, saying, “I believe in the joy I get from watching TV, film and theater, and a donation to The Actors Fund would be saying ‘You believe in the arts, too.’”
Cast members took the wildly enthusiastic, packed house through 11 songs, including numbers from “Song Beneath the Song,” the show’s March 2011 musical episode:
1. Chasing Cars - Sara Ramirez, Kevin McKidd, Chandra Wilson
2. How We Operate - McKidd
3. There’s a Girl - Sarah Drew
4. Wait - Wilson, Drew
5. Running on Sunshine - James Pickens Jr. Justin Chambers, McKidd, Ramirez, Kim Raver, Jessica Capshaw, Drew, Wilson
6. Young Folks - Chambers and his three daughters
7. Everywhere I Go - Wilson
8. Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
9. Looking at the World From a Bottom of a Well - McKidd
10. The Story - Ramirez
11. How to Save a Life - Everyone (Except Oh, Dane)
Once again, we thank the Grey’s team for their dedication, hard work, and incredible generosity!
And for a final little treat, here’s Kim Raver’s Good Day L.A. appearance from last week, during which she chatted about the event, and gave a great interview on the importance of The Fund’s services. Thanks Kim!